Sunday, January 13, 2013

Enter at Lennox and Central Park North please

First ride in ages, and its shocking to learn how quick it is to fall out of shape!

I've been in my new apartment for just over 24 hours and the weather was very mild for January (11 degrees). Needed to do some kind of exercise to kick start the year so I went and met Nick M for a few laps of my new local park (the wonderful Central Park).

I've never been around the park completely so it was fantastic to enter in at the very top, up the incline north of the reservoir, then snake downhill to the bottom where all the horse and carriages are, and head back up and around a couple more times. Its quite different to prospect park in lots of ways which is refreshing. Its more varied in its route (more twists and hills), longer (its 6 miles according to this site), and tonnes of interesting landmarks dotted around (obelisks, the MET, various statues, etc). You also cant ignore the excellent architecture that surrounds the park - high rise buildings that dont exist in Brooklyn. It was an added bonus that today was not that busy so not too many tourists to dodge!

Took a quick couple of snaps with my Blackberry around 4.30pm and it was already getting dark. I had to edit these pics heavily as the camera sensor is so poor!






No comments:

Post a Comment