Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gear Whore


So what else have I been doing in the last 4 or 5 weeks. Going nuts on amazon, bananas in REI and spazzy in bicycle habitat thats what... so far I have purchased the following:

From Amazon:
1 x Pace twill riding cap (seems a little small for my big head but good under the helmet)
1 x Skull cap (for when its chilly)
1 x Ten way spanner hand tool (to fit my mud guards - see below)
1 x 'Adventure cycle touring handbook' for light reading on the subway when it snows
1 x pair of Tenn lightweight waterproof trousers ($30! what a bargain)
1 x pair of Gore Mens overshoes (part two of my lower half waterproof outfit)
(approx $142 for this lot, gulp)

From REI:
1 x 24 oz Polar insulated water bottle
1 x set of front and rear 'planet bike' hardcore fenders (to keep my butt clean and dry in the rain)
(approx $50)

From Bicycle Habitat:
1 x set of two blue Ortlieb panniers 
1 x Bontrager pannier cargo netting
(approx $165 for panniers, $15 for netting, $40 to Port Jervis on the metro north)

I actually got the panniers back in July and they have been awesome every time I've used them. Totally waterproof and so easy to hook onto the rack. I bought these when I went on a cycle/camping trip with the boys to Port Jervis in NJ. 

The Bontrager rack netting thing works like a set of bungies and was very useful for holding down my tent and sleeping bag... heres some quick pics from that trip as I didnt write a post for that (I was in lazy mode):












No comments:

Post a Comment